JLO Sunkissed Glow - A Review
June 22, 2009 by Michelle Smith
Filed under Fragrances
Leave a Comment
Jennifer Lopez is known for many things. She’s a celebrity, singer, dancer, actress, mother, wife, and triathlete. Her fragrance JLO Glow came out at a time when I was feeling rather over the whole Jennifer Lopez phenomena and I never took the time to try it.
Later, I got over myself, and remembered exactly why I enjoyed Jennifer Lopez in the first place - I love to watch her dance. I counted myself a fan again. I totally forgot about the Glow. jlo-sunkissed-glow-michelleI got something in my email about her new Sunkissed Glow last week and I knew that I definitely wanted to try it. I had heard that Glow was one of the better celebrity scents, so this spin on Glow intrigued me.
It arrived and I called my girls out to take a look at it. We love the bottle which is a hazy, soft combo of sherbet-y colors - starts with a coppery-peach, then fades to gold, and then green. There’s a little charm attached to the bottle- it reminds me of an anklet. It’s a braided cord with a faux beach shell. Nice touch.
The fragrance is called a Fruity-Floral and I thought, oh heck, not another citrus. I used to love it, but citrus seems like it’s over-done these days. Sunkissed Glow is not a citrus. It’s warmer, sweeter, but not too sweet. The scent starts out very pineapple-y with a sort of peach edge to it. Then it mellows to something that smells melon, wood, and musk. It smells great to me. I really, really like this one and I’ve been wearing it every day since it arrived. The funny thing is that it has no peach or melon notes.
Fragrance notes:Pineapple, Red Grapefruit, Beach Flower, Hot Sand, Water Lily, Amber, Skin Musk, Cashmere Wood, Passion Flower, Cassis Sorbet, Orange Blossom
Image credit: Michelle Smith
Share and Enjoy:
* Facebook
* StumbleUpon
* Digg
* Mixx
* Google
* TwitThis
* Reddit
* Yahoo! Buzz
* Kirtsy
* E-mail this story to a friend!
Tags: celebrity scent, fruity floral, Jennifer-Lopez, jlo glow, jlo sunkissed glow
Kings & Queens Cinnamon Orange Set
June 21, 2009 by Michelle Smith
Filed under Fragrances
Leave a Comment
I’ve been sipping Orange-Spice iced tea all day, so this set from Kings & Queens sounds pretty tasty to me right now. Well, maybe not “tasty,” but I bet it smells pretty darn good. The addition of the spicy cinnamon keeps a fruity scent from being too sweet.
According to Kings & Queens, former Queen of Spain, Queen Isabella was a big fan of cinnamon. kings-queeens-cinnamon-orange-michelleShe loved it so much that she financed Christopher Columbus’s expedition in the hopes that he would find a new route to further cinnamon riches.
Kings & Queens Gift Set, Queen Isabella - Cinnamon Orange 1 set
$19.50
Both the Shower Gel and the Shimmering Body Milk are made without parabens or mineral oil. They contain Pomegranate (a super fruit), Blue Lotus, and Malachite Natural Extracts.
Image credit: Beauty.com
Share and Enjoy:
* Facebook
* StumbleUpon
* Digg
* Mixx
* Google
* TwitThis
* Reddit
* Yahoo! Buzz
* Kirtsy
* E-mail this story to a friend!
Tags: bath and body products, beauty.com, kings & queens cinnamon orange set, Skin Care
Claire Burke Vapourri Room Spray
June 20, 2009 by Michelle Smith
Filed under Fragrances
Leave a Comment
Years ago, I got a package in the mail from my then stepmother. It contained a gift set of Claire Burke fragrance spray. It’s now known as Original Vapourri® Room Spray.
org-vapourri-large-michelleIt came in this sort of lace purse-thing and at first I was confused. Was it for me or my apartment? Did I spray it in the air or on the furniture? Honestly, this was a long time ago…. I’m thinking possibly 1987.
Anyway, to shorten what is growing into a long story, I loved it. It had this wonderful scent that was spicy and floral without being too flowery. It carries notes of rose, lavender, spice, patchouli, and vetiver.
The Original Original Vapourri®is still available, along with other scents some of which include Applejack & Peel, Blackberry Cassis, Citrus Blush, and Christmas Memories (which can be enjoyed all year, not just during the holiday season).
They smell nice, but I think I’ll stick with the Original. I am a sucker for spice.
Image credit: My Claire Burke.com
Share and Enjoy:
* Facebook
* StumbleUpon
* Digg
* Mixx
* Google
* TwitThis
* Reddit
* Yahoo! Buzz
* Kirtsy
* E-mail this story to a friend!
Tags: claire burke original vapourri, home fragrance, room spray
Gifts For Dad: Billy Jealousy - The Hits
June 19, 2009 by Michelle Smith
Filed under Fragrances
Leave a Comment
Another gift idea for Dad that is actually 3 gifts in 1 - Billy Jealousy The Hits, Volume 1. The Hits consists of three of Billy Jealousy’s top sellers Fuzzy Logic Shampoo, Ocean Front Body Wash, and Hydroplane Shave Cream all in one gift box for $50.
billy-jealousy-the-hits-vol-1-michelle-sm
Fuzzy Logic Shampoo is formulated with special DHT blocking agents Methyl Lactate and Peppermint Oil.
Hydroplane Shave Creamis foamless. Instead it uses a silicone base to protect your skin from razor burn.
Ocean Front Body Washis made with a variety of botanicals and nutrients like Gingseng and Vitamin E.
You can find Billy Jealousy products at Nordstroms, Barneys New York and Billy Jealousy.com. A portion of the sale of Billy Jealousy products goes to The Billy Jealousy Fund. The fund supports various art, humanitarian, and environmental programs.
Image credit: Nordstrom.com
Share and Enjoy:
* Facebook
* StumbleUpon
* Digg
* Mixx
* Google
* TwitThis
* Reddit
* Yahoo! Buzz
* Kirtsy
* E-mail this story to a friend!
Tags: body wash, fathers day gifts, Fathers-Day, hair products, skincare products
Big Sale on Decleor At Sephora.com Woohoo!
June 18, 2009 by Michelle Smith
Filed under Fragrances
Leave a Comment
Decleor is on sale for 2 weeks at Sephora. Decleor, pioneer in the aromatherapy skincare field, uses a combination of science and nature to produce “innovative products, which awaken the senses…total body harmony and balance.” Wonderful. decleor-image-michelle
The sale is for online sales only and runs June 16, 2009 12:00 AM PST - June 30, 2009 11:59 PM PST.
The discount is a good one - 40% off. It is applied at checkout.
Here’s a good place to start, the Decleor Starter Kit For All Skin Types.
It includes a Cleansing Milk, Tonifying Lotion, Aromessence Neroli Comforting Concentrate, and a Hydra Floral Hydrating Comfort Cream.
Or how about…
Aromessence Rose d’Orient Soothing Concentrate. decleor-rose-oil-for-face-michelle
It’s a facial oil with 100% pure natural essences. It’s safe and gentle enough to use every day. It’s Hypoallergenic and Dermatololgically tested.
Some of the natural ingredients include Sweet Almond Oil, Black Currant Oil, Bitter Orange Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Carrot Extract, and Rose Oil.
Image credit: Sephora.com
Share and Enjoy:
* Facebook
* StumbleUpon
* Digg
* Mixx
* Google
* TwitThis
* Reddit
* Yahoo! Buzz
* Kirtsy
* E-mail this story to a friend!
Tags: aromatherapy skin care, big sale, big savings, decleor, sephora.com
Super Sets of Fabulous Fragrance Only $40
June 17, 2009 by Michelle Smith
Filed under Fragrances
1 Comment
Sephora Favorites are now available for a limited time. For $40 you can get a whole collection of mascaras or fragrances or natural makeup products……. there are quite a few to chose from. The small sizes are great for this time of year, perfect to tuck into an overnight bag or makeup kit.
eau-girl-fragrance-sampler-sephora-michelleEau Girl Fragrance Deluxe Sampler
This set of samples is worth $80 - seriously a bargain at $40. Wouldn’t this look cute sitting on a little tray?
The set includes these fabulous fragrances:
* 0.17 oz Dior Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum
* 0.17 oz Bvlgari Omnia Green Jade Eau de Toilette
* 0.17 oz Versace Bright Crystal Eau de Toilette
* 0.13 oz Vera Wang Princess Eau de Toilette
* 0.3 oz Prada Infusion d’Iris Eau de Parfum
* 0.13 oz Clean Eau de Parfum
* 0.24 oz Ralph Lauren Ralph Eau de Toilette
* 0.13 oz Givenchy Very Irresistable Givenchy Eau de Toilette
And for the boys……..
eau-boy-fragrance-set-sephora-michelleEau Boy Fragrance Deluxe Sampler
This might be a good idea for Dad, too. Valued at $80, but yours for only $40, it includes:
* 0.17 oz Versace Pour Homme Eau de Toilette
* 0.17 oz Guerlain Homme Eau de Toilette
* 0.17 oz Bvlgari AQVA Pour Homme Marine Eau de Toilette
* 0.13 oz Clean Men Eau de Parfum
* 0.17 oz Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Pour Homme Eau de Toilette
* 0.13 oz Givenchy Pi Neo Eau de Toilette
* 0.24 oz Diesel Fuel For Life Pour Homme Eau de Toilette
* 0.17 oz Giorgio Armani Code 5 Eau de Toilette
Image credit: Sephora.com
Share and Enjoy:
* Facebook
* StumbleUpon
* Digg
* Mixx
* Google
* TwitThis
* Reddit
* Yahoo! Buzz
* Kirtsy
* E-mail this story to a friend!
Tags: gift-sets, sampler, Sephora, sephora favorites, travel-size
Portable Perfumes by L’Occitane
June 17, 2009 by Lisa Fogarty
Filed under Fragrances
1 Comment
Like many others who wake at 6 a.m. for work, I’m almost completely brain dead in the morning. I remember my skincare routine, to brush and floss and make coffee, but dousing my wrist with perfume rarely makes it to my list of must-dos.
L’Occitane makes it possible for me to remain scatterbrained, something I greatly appreciate. I keep a small tube of Butterfly Lavender Joyful Fragrance Touch in my purse and while sitting in traffic, simply dig out the perfume and apply the small brush to my pulse points for an instant and subtly sweet fragrant touch-up.
L'Occitane Butterfly Lavender Joyful Fragrant Touch
L'Occitane Butterfly Lavender Joyful Fragrant Touch
The smooth gel, made with lavender water, immediately calms your senses. The scent lingers, but never overpowers you, which makes it the perfect daytime summer perfume.
If lavender’s not your cup of tea, try L’Occitane’s Cherry Blossom Solid Perfume, another delicate and portable perfume that whisks you off to a better place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment